Community Partnership Celebrates 30th Anniversary
- 1982 – Service providers from Chisago County meet to address needs of two Rush City Teens.
- 1987 – Coalition partners with Hazelden to launch Youth at Risk Task Force.
- 1988 – The U.S. Department of Health & Human Services selects the organization as 1 of 5 in the country to pilot a teen pregnancy prevention project.
- 1989 – The Federal Office of Substance Abuse Prevention selects the organization as 1 of 15 exemplary programs in America for our work in preventing substance abuse in Chisago County.
- 1991 – The Federal Office of Substance Prevention awards grant to build a self-sustaining coalition in Chisago County. This becomes the existing Partners for a Drug Free Chisago County.
- 1993 – Organization name is changed to Community Partnership with Youth & Families.
- 1994 – The organization’s Teen Improv Theatre program is awarded the Federal Office of Substance Abuse Prevention’s Promising Practice in Prevention distinction, one of only 16 to be awarded nationally.
- 1995 – The organization is named the host site for the East Central Region for the Minnesota Star of the North Prevention Coalition, a statewide network of prevention organizations and coalitions.
- 1995 – The organization’s Celebrate Prevention! recognition dinner packs North Branch High School’s auditorium in an event emceed by KARE 11 News anchor Joan Steffend.
- 1998 – The organization’s after school program, Children FIRST Club is started at North Branch Middle School and serves over 120 youth per session. By 2007 it has expanded to 5 schools.
- 2009 – The Greater Twin Cities United Way provides funding to expand and improve upon our after school program, now called Youth FIRST Club.
- 2010 – The organization is awarded a grant from the State of Minnesota to serve as a regional site to deliver technical assistance to the prevention network in a 10 county region in East Central Minnesota.
- 2012 – The organization is awarded a grant from the State of Minnesota to address underage alcohol use, underage binge drinking and 18-25 year old binge drinking in Chisago County.
- 2013 – The organization is named the host site for the Minnesota Prevention Resource Center, the primary alcohol, tobacco and other drugs resource outlet for the citizens of Minnesota.