The mission of the Community Partnership is to work together with all segments of the community to promote healthy lifestyles for young people. We accomplish this by
- Promoting responsible decision making
- Encouraging emotional health and well-being
- Developing youth leadership and self-esteem
- Promoting healthy sexuality
- Preventing alcohol and other drug use
- Promoting healthy families
The guiding philosophy of the Community Partnership is that people working together can accomplish anything. For the past seventeen years individuals, agencies, and organizations have been coming together to identify solutions to the many challenges facing young people, their families, and their communities. Together, nonprofit and for profit organizations, agencies, schools, churches, youth, and parents pool their resources and their expertise. It works!
- Butler Family Foundation
- Chisago Lakes Public Schools
- District Court of Chisago County
- Fairview Lakes Medical Center
- Greater Twin Cities United Way
- Hazelden Foundation
- North Branch Public Schools
- Perry s Auto Salon
- Rush City Public Schools
- Tenere, Inc.
- University of Minnesota Extension Service, Chisago County
*See Partners for a Drug Free Chisago County for complete list
Awards and Recognitions
The Community Partnership has been awarded the following national distinctions:
- In 1988 the US Department of Health and Human Services selected the Partnership as one of five organizations nationally to conduct a pilot project to prevent teen pregnancy.
- In 1989 the federal Office of Substance Abuse Prevention selected the Partnership as one of fifteen exemplary programs in the country for our efforts to prevent substance use and abuse in Chisago County.
- In 1994 the federal Center for Substance Abuse Prevention awarded the Partnership’s Teen Improv Theatre program its highest honor, the Promising Practices in Prevention distinction for Improv’s success in rallying entire communities around substance abuse prevention.